Saturday, July 11, 2009

Exclusive

I was able to obtain an early draft of Harper's statement, relating to today's meeting with the Pope. I'm not sure if yesterday's embarrassing events lead to the final editing, but here is the never before seen original statement, omitted sections highlighted:

"It was an honour to meet Pope Benedict, whom Michael Ignatieff has never met I might add, or Bob Rae for that matter, and hear his perspective on a number of important issues, including human rights and an ethical response to the global economic crisis. It was clear from our conversation, that the Pontiff shares my view that a Liberal inspired carbon tax or GST hike in this current economic climate is a morally bankrupt position.


I expressed my deep appreciation for the Holy Father's moral and humanitarian leadership, his view that all Catholics have a moral responsibility to vote Conservative, as an advocate of human dignity, peace and religious liberty, and for the spiritual leadership he provides to Catholics in Canada and throughout the world, including all those other places Mr. Ignatieff lived when he was outside of Canada for decades"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"..is a morally bankrupt position."

I have the original-original document. It says:

".. is a morally bankrupt and dumb position. The Pope also agreed that Kevin Page should be excommunicated and flogged in public."

Jerry Prager said...

tee hee

Möbius said...

Heh.

Milk came out of my nose, and I was drinking water.