Friday, May 08, 2009

Slipping

I really enjoyed the entire Ignatieff presentation at the convention, the speech and the introduction. However, there was one moment in the preamble video that gave a slight cringe. Not because of anything offensive, only because it willingly referenced a theme that somebody should have nixed in the final edit. Anyways, I waited to see if any of the usual detractors picked up on the visual, but I haven't heard a peep. Consider this my Friday night news dump, and yes that is a picture of "I":


I can think of a million lines...

3 comments:

Ryan Krahn said...

I had a similar experience with another visual. I know we all know what Air Force One looks like, but do we really need a picture of Michael standing beside a plane saying, as if to label him, "United States of America?"

Anonymous said...

"You. Look. Mahvelous."

and he does..

burlivespipe said...

So does this make you like a 'celebrity blogger' ?

I think they just needed to mix up the photos a little more, instead of showing all the Obama pics one after the other. Had they spread them around, with photos of everyday stuff too, then I don't think it would be so opportunistic-looking...